JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't upload videos to ActionDirector

(Topic created: 06-15-2017 07:57 AM)
HeatherRose
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey there -- I have a 2016 Gear 360, model SM C200, and it's been working great. However, I just downloaded the ActionDirector software yesterday, and can't seem to upload any of my 360 videos. I drag and drop, and it starts to load/stitch, but then for no apparent reason it stops stitching and the video is stuck like that. I've tried different file sizes, but it can't even manage a 30 second video. This is wildly disappointing; I have a short film shoot this weekend and I REALLY need access to some editing software! 

Please help. 

10 Replies
bogusindustries
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm using the 2017 version so I don't know if this applies to you but you can stitch shots together from your phone. It limits resolution but I forget to what. You can then email or transfer them to yourself via something like dropbox. As far as editing goes, you should be able to pull those clips into action director. We use After Effects at work after the files are stitched together but we're spoiled like that. I hear good things about hitfilm as far as free editing software goes if action director isn't cutting it for you. So, if the 2016 version works like the 2017 one, maybe stitiching them on your phone is an option.

http://hitfilm.com/

0 Likes
HeatherRose
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks for the reply -- I tried stitching them on my phone, but then they were automatically saved into a file that ActionDirector would not support. Maddening!

0 Likes
SamsungMarcos
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Is this your first time taking a crack at stitching together using the ActionDirector software, @HeatherRose? The computer you're using, is it a Mac or PC, and if so, which OS version are you currently using?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

0 Likes
HeatherRose
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey Marcos, thanks for responding -- I have a PC, Windows 7 64 bit. 

I've had success stitching videos in the Samsung app, but I just downloaded the ActionDirector yesterday so this is my first attempt. The videos just stop uploading/stitching. 

0 Likes
SamsungMarcos
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Why I try my best to look more into this on my end, have you checked to see if your video drivers on your computer itself are all up to date?

I've only found some reports out on the web where this was a thing, some linked directly to driver problems, and others claiming Windows 10. The software itself seems to be pretty picky as others have said they didn't run into any problems at all.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

0 Likes
HeatherRose
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'll try that...

0 Likes
SamsungMarcos
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices

May I ask what file type it saved as? All of this is great information to have and share with others that might be stopping by and seeing this thread.

0 Likes
Solution
HeatherRose
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Figured it out, thanks to a visit from a wise computer friend -- I recorded in HD, and my computer is too old to handle that file size. I have now recorded in standard, and it's working. I mean, it is taking a LOOOOONNNNGGG time to upload the file -- it's been going for about 15 hours and it's at 83%. Yay. But at least it's working. 

SO my solution is basically to get a new computer! Ha. 

For the record, the files were just as the camera saved them -- .mp4. 

Thanks for your help, Marcos!

SamsungMarcos
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Ah, so standard mp4 format. How old is your computer?! Sometimes I totally forget we're on Windows 10, but I don't take that much into consideration because I use Windows 7 on a fairly new machine I built myself. So that's my fault for just assuming is it was a pretty up-to-date machine. 

We could dance into the specs, but I'm sure your wise computer friend already laid it all out.

Glad you're able to get them uploading for the time being, albeit the amount of time it's going to take to actually compile and render out on the upload.

Glad I could help even a little bit though!

0 Likes