JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can when an update will be released be added to "About phone" section of the device?

(Topic created: 10-10-2022 04:17 AM)
CincyRedsFan
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Would like to receive update information specifically for my phone. This could be a part of the "About Phone". With this we wouldn't have to keep wondering when our next update will occur.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Samsung does not determine when you will receive an update. All updates are released to carriers who then push it out to their users. Sometimes carriers will withhold an update to perform further testing of the update on their network before releasing it. This is particularly true with firmware and software updates. Security updates, which don't often affect network functions often sail right through. If an issue is found, they may delay the push until a patch or corrected update is obtained from Samsung.

You're more likely to receive a feature update from one of the larger carriers as they have the resources for testing. Smaller carriers who lease bandwidth from the larger carriers don't have the resources for testing and my withhold these updates, taking a 'if it's not broke, don't fix it' attitude.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Samsung does not determine when you will receive an update. All updates are released to carriers who then push it out to their users. Sometimes carriers will withhold an update to perform further testing of the update on their network before releasing it. This is particularly true with firmware and software updates. Security updates, which don't often affect network functions often sail right through. If an issue is found, they may delay the push until a patch or corrected update is obtained from Samsung.

You're more likely to receive a feature update from one of the larger carriers as they have the resources for testing. Smaller carriers who lease bandwidth from the larger carriers don't have the resources for testing and my withhold these updates, taking a 'if it's not broke, don't fix it' attitude.
Jamess467
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Contact your carrier about this issue please.
0 Likes