JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cannot wifi call or text using samsung galaxy a31 suddenly

(Topic created: 05-26-2021 04:25 PM)
userCOvfIdYtwS
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have Wifi calling on and i had no issues regarding sending or receiving texts or calls before the update of my phone. I need my phone to function to be able to work, Can anyone help me?

-Wifi calling is on and preferred
-it was working fine pre-update
-have tried turning off and on, and restarting multiple times
-mobile data is on have tried turning it off.
-I use T-mobile

4 Replies
AmberDouglass
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Take it to tmobile
NirvInch
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
It's not t-mobile. They said it's samsungs recent update that broke this feature. I'm having the same issue, as are many others, but Samsung isn't owning up to breaking something that was working perfectly fine for over a year.
yorelt
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I agree, it is NOT T-Mobile. It is some software that was upgraded. I have the same problem. It was working, then some Samsung/Android updates were applied. It now no longer works.
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I understand your frustrations. Wi-Fi calling is a carrier feature not controlled by Samsung. You can try the troubleshooting steps that are available in this article, https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077652/ If these steps do not resolve the issue or allow access to the feature, contact your carrier for further assistance. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.