Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userQnZQMeX6Tw
Constellation

Charging Issue for Galaxy J7 Prime

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi all,

I am facing trouble charging my Galaxy J7 Prime smartphone. The percentage bar instead of going up while charging is decreasing to lower battery percentage. Can anyone tell me what could possibly be wrong?
PS: I am using an authorized wired charger that I got with the J7 package.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: Charging Issue for Galaxy J7 Prime

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I really appreciate you all are having a great day. If everyone has already attempted those steps tried by @user4gRsdU5vej and you are still having this difficulty, please reach out to 1-800-726-7864 for your repair options.

If you need anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is really weird, have you tried wiping your cache partition? Sometimes it becomes corrupt which can cause trouble. Simply power off your device, then power it back on by holding down the Volume Up, Home/Bixby, and Power keys until it boots into the Recovery Menu. From here, use the volume up/down keys to highlight "Wipe Cache partition" and select it with the power key. This won’t delete any essential or saved data, just clear out the cached temporary files. Let me know how your device responds after performing this step!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

djaelany
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

do we really need to do this all the time if we have this kind of situation again ?

userodvmN2YhaB
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After you select wipe cache partition.  what do you do next?  how do you get out of this mode?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried restarting your device?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @userQnZQMeX6Tw, did this help? Let me know. Smiley Happy

userzSrUN5HLLl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This is also happening on my j7 prime since last week. It keeps on back charging even im using the original charger.
userzSrUN5HLLl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I followed the steps given to wipe data partition and it resolve the charging problem of my j7 prime. For 2 and a half hrs my phone was fully charged. Hope it wont back charge anymore. Thanks fir your help! 👌

userknJ8jiDTvU
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
how did you get your battery life to stay charged can you fill me in
userL6JTcKulD2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

charging stopped at fix percentage