Original topic:

Comcast won't unlock my galaxy A42 5G!

(Topic created: 11-30-2022 07:02 PM)
MrRyan45
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I purchased my phone on fb marketplace even got a bill of sale but they said the original owner has to get a hold of them. Problem is I called and searched for him again and he's a ghost!! Is there anything I can do?
15 Replies
NeonX89
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I keep telling people the difference between "factory vs carrier" just like updates you're stuck with their version if you're under a carrier model. Unfortunately it's up to the carrier to allow you to use other networks unless you somehow hack your way past it.

I always buy unlocked for that issue is because the carrier can get greedy about "having a carrier locked model unlocked"
MrRyan45
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I paid an unlock company $29 today and they said up to 3 days what do you think?
NeonX89
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Well that's hacking your way past it, hopefully that works for you.
MrRyan45
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
We shall see and I'll keep everyone posted lmao!! All In All though if they can't it's a paperweight huh?
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices
That might not work if the IMEI is blacklisted
0 Likes
MrRyan45
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
When I searched it wasn't 2 days ago
NeonX89
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
There's people going around trying to undermine my opions lol they're just opions on this issue lol "@ me"

Can be "black listed if stolen" but that's only if reported so or the network knows who's using it and wants to black list it.

Long as the trick to unlock it regardless works that would be great lol

My only concern is "how do they do it?"
Hopefully not a waste of money if only to be unsuccessful.
Vorta
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
There are many unlock services just for his situation. They can range from $20-$150, the price is situational, can be lower or higher depending on the type of phone.
NeonX89
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I know they say they can but I've never tried myself I wasn't saying they "can't" just not sure. Lol