Original topic:

Constant Updates & Not Working with IPhones

(Topic created: 02-15-2024 07:00 PM)
panda_ann
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I just got a Samsung Galaxy a54 two days ago and I'm having two problems right away.

When I go into software information it states that the One UI is already on the 6.0 version, but the phone consistently tries to update to the 6.0 version. I've let the update run 3 times now but how do I get it to stop since my phone already states it's running the 6.0 version?

Also, I switched from iPhone and now I'm not receiving any messages from iPhones. After looking it up, I've turned off imessage/FaceTime capabilities, cleared my cache, restarted my phone 100 times, and run the update 3 times but still getting nothing from my iPhone friends. Any advice would be nice, I'm losing my mind and my friends/family think I've gone awol. 
6 Replies
stromer
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
First post but how does one start a new post? Phone voice does not work but text does.
0 Likes
realaud
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@stromer To start a new post, on the "get help" tab in the upper right is a blue oblong that says "new post". Click that and type your topic and your request.

0 Likes
stromer
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Service provider can't fix if I call tech support. Samsung says try getting new sim card from service provider
0 Likes
realaud
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices

All things related to voice and/or text issues are carrier related.  Your carrier should be able to troubleshoot this with you, either by doing remote actions or just sending you a new sim.  They have no tech support people in the carrier stores, but they can give you a new sim and can test to see if it works.  If you call your carrier, make sure you specifically ask to speak to the technical team, as regular customer service agents cannot help you with tech issues.

So, unless there is something actually wrong with your speaker and/or microphone (which you can do diagnostics from your phone), this is a carrier issue.

0 Likes
stromer
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Any suggestions on how to do diagnosis or is phone beyond repair-phone is a Samsung Galaxy J7 Crown about 3 yrs old
0 Likes
realaud
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices

In your phone settings is a section called Device Care. Go to that and then click on diagnostics.  It will bring you to the diagnostics section where you can test different components of your phone

0 Likes