JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Contacts Listed Under Other in Notifications of Message Settings for Galaxy A52

(Topic created: 10-26-2021 11:21 AM)
tbtran6
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi I'm new here and looking for some guidance. Not sure how it happened, but there is an entry with two contact names listed under the "Other" section of the Notifications menu of Messages and I can't seem to remove this new notification category. The phone is new and a group message from 'Tu' and 'La' was one of the first messages I received on this Galaxy A52 so I must have clicked something.

I do want to note, there was a solution posted in the Galaxy S Phones that I already tried (delete conversation and then text the group back, also tried to backup the messages to Samsung cloud, delete, and restore it). This solution didn't work and I see that this other person had a contact name listed in "Categories" whereas my contact names are listed under "Other" so not sure if that makes a difference.

Message Notification SettingsMessage Notification SettingsNotification CategoryNotification Category

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
tbtran6
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

In case anyone ever needs it, this is the solution I found by following other threads:

Open the Samsung Messaging App.

Open the conversation with the issue.

Click the three dots.

Click Notification Sound.

*If there is a "Reset" button in the top right corner, press it and confirm.

*If there is no "Reset" button in the top right corner, click "Default notification sound" and then the "Reset" button will appear. Click the Reset button and confirm.

This should now remove the conversation from the "Other" category within settings.

View solution in context

10 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Sorry, I don't use Google Messages. You might get a better response on their online forums.
0 Likes
Solution
tbtran6
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

In case anyone ever needs it, this is the solution I found by following other threads:

Open the Samsung Messaging App.

Open the conversation with the issue.

Click the three dots.

Click Notification Sound.

*If there is a "Reset" button in the top right corner, press it and confirm.

*If there is no "Reset" button in the top right corner, click "Default notification sound" and then the "Reset" button will appear. Click the Reset button and confirm.

This should now remove the conversation from the "Other" category within settings.

Bellz
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thank you!! This saved me from a headache today! 🙂
LadiiJ93
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
That worked wonders. Omg. I was getting frustrated. Thank you so much
shanael95
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thanks for solution! 😁
Members_AMqacqa
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Oh my gosh, thank you!!!  I have been searching through Samsung support and there was no solution for this.  Brownie points for you today!!

Zebrastrong13
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
What does that mean though? Was that person receiving our incoming messages as well? Is it sharing our text messages?
0 Likes
tbtran6
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

No - it's not sharing your text messages or anything like that. This setting was just a way for you to customize notification settings for that person or group of people. Such as: mark texts from that person or group as a priority, silence their texts, show notifications as a pop-up, change the notification sound, turn vibration on or off, etc.

However, it was just a big pain to figure out how to delete the customization and take it back to default.

0 Likes