Original topic:

Dad needs a new phone (suggestions please)

(Topic created: 07-17-2022 06:59 AM)
Members_LygNX4j
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My father has an Active 8, that is just starting to fail. (The moisture sensor is going on it) The problem is, he is tuff on his phones and swears up and down the basic lineup is not "tuff" enough for him. And being Samsung does not do the active line up any more, does any body have any recommendations? How well is the S22 line up? I have the ultra, but have only had it for a month so I can't vouch for it. 

5 Replies
DanG92263
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Get him any phone he wants, just ensure that he has a strong case to protect it. A phone case with a lanyard might be better still. Definitely would look into purchasing phone insurance from his carrier if the phone costs $800 or more.
0 Likes
smbj_1005
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
If you're interested you can check out Jerryrigeverything's you tube video where he reviewed this phone made by AMG. The phone really looked solid and built like a tank and has night vision camera and insanely loud speakers too.
0 Likes
TacoMaster63
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The s22 lineup is very durable, but the iPhone 13 lineup is more durable. I I would much prefer a Samsung phone with a good case though. I use a Spigen Rugged armor case on my galaxy s10, and it's amazing! It's super comfortable, super stylish, and offers great protection.

I double checked and it is avaliable for the s22 series.

If you tell me our price range, I can help find a good for your dad.
0 Likes
TacoMaster63
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Samsung makes the Samsung Galaxy Xcover 6 pro, which is the last Rugged phone they will make.

I don't know much about it though.
0 Likes
TacoMaster63
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I'm more than happy to help your dad find a good phone.
0 Likes