Original topic:

Device Care doesn't have Device Protection feature?

(Topic created: 12-06-2022 07:44 AM)
JustinBeavers
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My 'device care' app doesnt have the 'device protection' feature thats supposed to be under 'memory' on the main screen when you first open 'device care'.

10 Replies
Puti
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Are you sure it's supposed to be there? I have an s20 and I don't see any device protection
0 Likes
Puti
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Did some research, if you are logged into your Google account, device protection is automatically turned on. Device protection, in other words, is find my phone. With find my phone you can locate, lock, unlock, etc
0 Likes
ChristinaCvS
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You don't need for Find my mobile phone, lock, unlock, etc.
That is under Biometrics & Security and is there to help you if you forget the Samsung lockscreen password (if you are smart & back it up there as you should by using your Gmail email and a different password from your Gmail password to avoid losing access to your phone completely should someone phish your Gmail password & clone your phone and/or lock you out of your Gmail completely. You can backup your entire phone remotely there &/or lock the device with a message on the front should it be lost or stolen.
0 Likes
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
No, OP is referring to a feature that is in the device care app, however, you'll need the McAfee security app enabled on your device and active.
0 Likes
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I uninstalled McAfee and that device protection option is now gone in the device care app.
0 Likes
JustinBeavers
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Ok ill try reinstalling the mcaffee app
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I'm assuming it worked?
0 Likes
JustinBeavers
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
No it didnt. It still isnt there
0 Likes
MarvinX
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Are you using a Network locked/unlocked phone. Usually they modify some software and add their bloat ware...
0 Likes