cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Professor59
Asteroid

Device Restart Suggested

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Started happening a few weeks ago, maybe after my OS update. Every day, beginning at a week, I get notifications that a Device Restart is suggested.

OK not fatal, but it does make a sound and I can't shut it off or silence it. I am tired of waking up to this particular suggestion. I've been through all the menus.

I've read a fix, but it was for S10 and does not work for me. I have a J7. There is no "system UI" settings menu.

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Professor59
Asteroid

Re: Device Restart Suggested

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK, I figured out which app was doing this. It's called Samsung Members. It's an app I never opened, can not delete, and serves no purpose.

But the icon for it matches the icon that displays with the unnecessary push notifications. And it has a Settings menu, which let me turn off the notifications.

Congratulations to the Samsung experts for leading me everywhere but the right place.

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you restarted the device?

Professor59
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is this sarcastic, or did you really not understand my question?

I want to keep the phone from notifying me to restart it. Better yet, I'd like it to not make noise when doing it.

I am fully aware that restarting the device will cause the notification to go away.

For a week.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you still get the message if you have the device in safe mode?

Professor59
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1. Why would I want my phone in safe mode?

2. How do I get my phone in safe mode?

3. Why do you think that would disable the message?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Safe Mode allows your phone to boot with only the necessary applications running. It will disable all third party apps. This will tell you if there is a 3rd party app causing the problem. Here is more information about Safe Mode. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

dwb26
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have restarted my phone five times in the past 24 hours and it's not improving.

Patch207
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Strange to see this without you enabling it. Go to settings from your notification panel or app drawer. Select device maintenance in the list. Select the three dots in the top right corner, auto restart should be in this menu. Is this feature enabled?

Professor59
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Auto restart does appear in that menu. Nothing in that menu is checked or anything.

How is this relevant?

Professor59
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK, I figured out which app was doing this. It's called Samsung Members. It's an app I never opened, can not delete, and serves no purpose.

But the icon for it matches the icon that displays with the unnecessary push notifications. And it has a Settings menu, which let me turn off the notifications.

Congratulations to the Samsung experts for leading me everywhere but the right place.