Original topic:

Device keeps saying overheated and wont charge while it isnt overheated.

(Topic created on: 1/20/21 6:15 AM)
usercElcgsWnQx
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Just as the subject says. Every once in I get a notification saying my device overheated and sometimes it just closes off the app I was using and sometimes it restarts the phone. Sometimes it powers off and I can't turn it on until it supposedly cools down and I can't charge my phone at that time. And the thing is, the phone never actually overheat.  I don't use it in a hot environment, nor do I use apps that have high-intensity graphics. I pretty much only use WhatsApp calls and other social media apps. 

8 Replies
TheGalaxy
Nebula
Options
Other Mobile Devices
clean the port with alcohol and toothbrush
0 Likes
usercElcgsWnQx
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

It's not just the port. It charges normally it's just when the device is supposedly overheated. The phone overheating is the issue even though it's pretty much cold as ice. When it's not overheating the phone charges perfectly

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Nebula
Options
Other Mobile Devices
try it
0 Likes
SamsungJace
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello there, in order to get you the best assistance I'll need to know what device you are using. Would you mind providing your full model code?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usercElcgsWnQx
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

The phone is a galaxy a50

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Do you remember when this started happening? If this is a recent problem I would recommend uninstalling any recent applications you may have installed. To better test, if this is being caused by a rogue app you can boot your phone into safe mode. Safe mode will disable all third-party applications and allow you to see if your phone still gives the overheating error message.

I'd also recommend wiping the cache partition of your device. A cache partition wipe after major updates or when your phone starts running slow is always a good idea as you will not lose any of your user data but it will erase any temporary files created by the device. Typically these files are created to help apps open faster, however, they can sometimes cause interference with device updates and sometimes even major app updates.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usercElcgsWnQx
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Ok, thanks for the idea, I tried that but it still didn't work. I went to the android recovery mode then wipe cache partition. It still didn't work.

0 Likes
SamsungJace
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

If the device still gives the overheating message while in safe mode my next recommendation would have to be to have the device evaluated by a certified technician. 

Depending on your current location you may have multiple options to choose from.

You could contact a local uBreakiFix location to see what options they have available.

You might be able to speak to your carrier about their options.

Or you can send your device to the Samsung service center. If you would like to ship your device in please send me or any of the moderators here on the forum a private message with the following information: 

Full model code and IMEI number for the phone

First and Last name

Email address

Physical address

A brief summary of the steps you've already tried

0 Likes