JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Difficulty connecting flash drive to a A10e

(Topic created: 04-01-2023 02:42 PM)
Raven1313
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm trying to connect a flash drive that has duel connections, it has a regular and a type c that connects directly into the phone, but the phone will not recognize it.

I've tried everything I can fine by googling, any one had this issue and was able to fix it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@Raven1313 If you have a case installed on your phone, it may be physically interfering with getting it connected properly. Try removing the case and then connecting the drive. 

View solution in context

4 Replies
JCells
Halo
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Typically, there's a notification banner from the notification panel that would let you choose how the phone would treat a USB type accesory. Its name should be, android system then you can toggle to file transfer, charging, midi etc. If you don't see it, make sure the USB C firmware on the phone is updated. Go then to, Galaxy Store, on the lower right hand, click menu then in top left click updates. 

I help Samsung device users during my free time. Thank you for being respectful.
Raven1313
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thank you for responding, turns out the case was causing it not go in all the way, even though it felt like it, just wasn't good enough.
Thanks so much for taking your time to help!
0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@Raven1313 If you have a case installed on your phone, it may be physically interfering with getting it connected properly. Try removing the case and then connecting the drive. 

Raven1313
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You were right it was my case it was clicking so I never even thought it was that.
Thanks for helping, and getting it to work!