Original topic:

Digital Wellbeing usage reports: App exclusions

(Topic created: 12-18-2023 08:36 AM)
ferdnyc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Every week, my Samsung A53 pops up its latest usage report. And every week, the numbers are inflated to the point of being meaningless, because something like 30-50 hours of supposed usage is attributed to the Clock app 

I keep a daily alarm set, every day at the same time, and apparently that's enough for the clock to register as active for far more time than my phone is really in use.

I can appreciate how it might be difficult to detect this "phantom" usage automatically. (The app does actually have to run in the background in order to trigger the alarm at the right time, after all.) But it would be useful if the Wellbeing app had an exclusion list, for apps that should be left out of the statistics. Then I could just configure it to ignore activity from the Clock app, and my statistics would be much more meaningful.

Just an idea, after seeing my latest report claim that my phone was in use for 24 hours last Tuesday, thanks (once again) to the Clock app.
2 Replies
teh_turtle
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I also think this feature would be useful - I use my phone when cooking, and it'd be helpful to exclude certain apps from the usage report to only monitor the time I'm using my phone for "non essential" activities
0 Likes
MichaelK
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

For me it's Android Auto always connecting and running Maps. 

0 Likes