JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Disable code notification to ALL devices when adding new device

(Topic created: 10-03-2020 11:18 PM)
usermdctWISnkL
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My company bought 40 samsung galaxy A31's and galaxy A11's for staff. I had the joy of setting them all up. I created a samsung account to use the Find My Mobile feature it comes with and added the account to the phones. I also turned on 2 factor authentication for the account

But whenever I add a new device to the account, Samsung decides it should send a code to ALL the devices listed in the account. I quickly choose the "Send text message to my phone" option, but no matter how fast I tap, the code is sent to all the devices. Of course, users are wondering who is hacking into their phone. They also get the option "Did you just login to your account?". I'm afraid someone might tap No.

Do I need to disable the 2 factor authentication?

Is there a way to change the default from "Send code to all devices" to "Send text message to my phone"?

Or is there a way to disable this notification on the phones?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
usermdctWISnkL
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Ok I found it!!

I logged into my samsung account at account.samsung.com, went to Two Factor Authentication, selected Send code to your devices, and turned off the option for all the phones.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
usermdctWISnkL
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Ok I found it!!

I logged into my samsung account at account.samsung.com, went to Two Factor Authentication, selected Send code to your devices, and turned off the option for all the phones.