cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Disable heads up/pop up notification on A71 Android 10

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just got a new Galaxy A71, I'm new to Android 10. Is there no way to turn off heads up/pop up notifications? Everytime I get a Whatsapp message, a notification pops up and covers the top quarter of my screen. It's very annoying, and I can't find a way to turn it off in Whatsapp or in Android setting.

On my old Xperia phone running Android Marshmallow, I could use an app called heads off to turn this off. But this is no longer available, anyone can help?
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Disable heads up/pop up notification on A71 Android 10

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Found it, it is buried deep in the notification setting, and there's no global setting. You have to do it one by one for evey app, and even so, one app are split into several different actions all of which I had to go through one by one and turn off pop up. This is annoying, there should be a global setting for this.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hello, can you post a picture of the pop up notification?
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you swipe down from the top, you should see some setting and at the bottom (if you have a notification or two) the text - "Notification settings."  Tap on that, and you will be directed to "Notifications" where you can tweak, or simply turn off notification for a specific app.  

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Found it, it is buried deep in the notification setting, and there's no global setting. You have to do it one by one for evey app, and even so, one app are split into several different actions all of which I had to go through one by one and turn off pop up. This is annoying, there should be a global setting for this.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
There is. You can turn on DND. But if your issue is with Whatsapp, turn off its notifications and you're good. Otherwise, DND under the Notifications menu turns them all off.