Original topic:

“Do not validate” error while connecting to Enterprise WiFi

(Topic created on: 4/28/21 7:04 PM)
user8FPsrQQRla
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I recently switched from an age old Note 5 to the new Pixel 4a. It got updated to Android 11 quite early but then this weird nightmare started. After installing the December update (Build ID: RQ1A.200720.009), Google made an official policy that it would not allow users to connect using the DO NOT VALIDATE option in the wifi settings (link for this information: https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/2844832?hl=en scroll to the bottom to see this) because of security reasons mentioned in the aforementioned link. Can anyone please tell me what build number their latest android versions on their Samsung phones are running? Samsung started from RP1A.200709.0.1 which is earlier than the build I mentioned, hence it doesn't have this new do not validate development, but I want to know whehter if any phones are beyond the pixel build number at the top. 
This request may sound absurd but there’s a very valid reason for this. In my country, a lot of people on samsung’s, and that applies to my university as well. The IT dept. at my uni was not ready to make such a big change to their enterprise wifi because only 2 people owned a pixel in the whole place. Now before I change my phone, which I bought from my hard earned savings, I want to know whether if Samsung phones have or will likely receive that particular update, because if that’s the case, I can wait till this becomes a widespread update and my university is forced to change their wifi system. After all, this is the very reason why google released this update: to push organisations to push for higher security measures. I would be SO GRATEFUL of someone can help me with this, and that you guys could share your device names along with their latest build IDs. Build IDs are not a secret code or identity kinda thing, my fellow techno geeks would second me on this. Waiting in anticipation, bless you all.

Also one more thing. Such deeply embedded system changes in android APIs, do they always arrive on other android phones which receive the latest updates? Sooner or later?

0 Likes
2 Replies
miiofwii
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Rest your phone and try again
0 Likes
user8FPsrQQRla
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey!
I tried doing that, no use. It’s an intentional change made by Google, I spent hours researching this and finally found out that it isn’t problem, or a bug, but an intentional change. Which device do you have? 

0 Likes