JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does anyone know how to clear "learned words"

(Topic created: 07-20-2018 12:26 PM)
jmarie1632
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Every time I mistype a word my keyboard "learns" it and then I have to go to each word to long press and remove learned word.  Does anyone know how to clear all of it at once? I've already gone in and cleared the settings, already done Settings>General Management>Language & Input>Samsung Keyboard> Result to Default Settings

The words are still in there.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TheDaniel
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Look in Settings>Apps and toggle the "Show System Apps" on and look for your keyboard app.

You should be able to clear the data or cashe and reteach it your words?

---My Signature---
If you're anticipating a follow up to one of my posts, please like my post or tag me. I don't generally go back to posts I have replied to unless I get pointed there.

View solution in context

9 Replies
Solution
TheDaniel
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Look in Settings>Apps and toggle the "Show System Apps" on and look for your keyboard app.

---My Signature---
If you're anticipating a follow up to one of my posts, please like my post or tag me. I don't generally go back to posts I have replied to unless I get pointed there.
jmarie1632
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

You are a GENIUS!!! Worked perfectly, thank you SO much! 

0 Likes
usersB6nG1UDWr
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

There's seriously no other way than to lose all the words you've already taught it? This seems like a huge step backward in functionality.  I shouldn't have to reset the entire list just to remove one or two words....

userLgyjvROp2P
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

If there is only a few you want to delete, just hold that option down and select "remove: ok"

0 Likes
userFuAJRw87uf
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you this info.  It worked for me. 

I cleared the cache and the word suggestion was removed from the list BELOW the input text line, but it still showed the prediction ON the input text line (if that makes sense, underlined word suggestion on the input text line that you can override with a suggestion from the list below).  I had to go and reset the prediction settings, like the original poster did, in order to remove it from ON the input text line.

Basically it appears there are 2 caches one is for the "dictionary" suggestions BELOW the input text line and the other cache is for the predictions ON the input text line.  To fully clear your suggestions you need to clear BOTH caches.

I agree, this is a step backwards from just long holding the word and deleting it on it's own.  You must clear the entire lists.

useroU8by13Hym
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

For times the learned words pick up and then show passwords, anyway to stop this from happening?

@TheDaniel wrote:

0 Likes
user0HNUilKJmc
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

This worked for me too

@TheDaniel wrote:

0 Likes
userTJR7c96fOM
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

On the same screen as the reset keyboard is "erase personalized predictions." Resetting both of those worked for me. I had help via the help chat.  Good luck. 

techie127
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Clearing the cache for the keyboard app worked for me.