JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does clearing the system cache delete data or only removes unnecessary files?

(Topic created: 10-09-2022 06:15 PM)
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Does clearing the system cache off my Galaxy A21 delete data on the device or does it only remove unnecessary files? Also, is it a good idea to clear the system's cache or not? My device has been consistently freezing,  glitching, lagging, and being unresponsive since the beginning of THIS year! So, if this resolves the ongoing issue, I would highly appreciate any responses.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Belaythatorder
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Clearing either app cache or partition cache clear will not delete your data like a factory reset would. I clear the partition cache after every OS and security update to mitigate any software bugs they may bring. A weekly phone reboot is also helpful.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
Belaythatorder
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Clearing either app cache or partition cache clear will not delete your data like a factory reset would. I clear the partition cache after every OS and security update to mitigate any software bugs they may bring. A weekly phone reboot is also helpful.
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thank you so much for providing this information! I will be looking more into a partition cache clear. I will reboot my device more often, as well 👍
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Other Mobile Devices
No it only deletes the cache of the system for cache partition
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thank you very much! I'll be trying this cache wipe...will post results shortly
0 Likes