cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Does somebody know that connector type of Samsung HMX-U10 AV out?

I recently got an HMX-U10 camcorder from a friend and wanted to connect it to an old tv. But I can't figure out what type of output this camcorder uses. It kinda looks like a Micro HDMI but images online show the cable with component cables at one end. I'll attach a picture of the camera female end (the top is a mini USB, the bottom one is the one in question). I measured it and it looks like it has the dimensions of a Micro HDMI, but if I can get the exact name of this type of connector that'll be great. Thank you in advance.(Bottom connector in question)(Bottom connector in question)

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Does somebody know that connector type of Samsung HMX-U10 AV out?

It's a component AV connector: Component / AV cable AD39-00142D

You can find the user manual here: Link

Highlighted
Astronaut

Thank you for answering. I already did find about this type of cable but I wanted to know if the camcorder uses a proprietary connector or if there is an exact name for the piece that actually enters the port? Since simply googling "component AV connector" doesn't show anything like it and looking up "AD39-00142D" brings up dead or sketchy pages.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

That I do not know. I've seen this type of connector before but the name is not listed anywhere and recommending anything but the one listed could end up not working. You can try searching for it on SamsungParts.com

Highlighted
Astronaut

Alright thank you, I'll try that website. You also said that there's one that might/might not work, do you mind sending a link for it or its name? Thank you.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I apologize, I don't have any information on the connector, but I don't believe it to be proprietary. You are welcome.