Original topic:

Don't buy the Samsung Galaxy A71

(Topic created: 07-18-2021 05:01 PM)
Woodee
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Please do not buy or lease the Galaxy A71. The camera on it is worse than a Windows phone that I had in 2016 and the phone will not even run on the T-Mobile 5G network reliably. I have had trouble with the phone since the day I got it and T-Mobile tells me that Samsung is the problem. They told me to expect an update so the phone will ride reliably on the 5G network but I have been waiting on that update for over 6 months. It will be time for a new phone before I ever get that update I expect. Of course by then I'll have another brand in my hand. This experience has turned me against the Samsung brand permanently! 

0 Likes
12 Replies
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Other Mobile Devices
A71 5G has the T-Mobile 4G 71 band that's used for 5G and it should work perfectly fine. You may need to reset your network settings or get a new SIM card from T-Mobile. If you got it from T-Mobile, it was made to work on their network. There are other models that may not have the 71 band therefore will not work except for spotty 4G.
0 Likes
Woodee
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Very good words and thank you! I wish T-Mobile and Samsung were as helpful as you are... Phone calls to both only enraged me. Happy day and thanks again!
0 Likes
Woodee
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
T-Mobile replaced the SIM card and standing in their store I pull a whopping 3.5 megabytes per second on their 5G network. When I try to make a phone call it says that I am not registered on any network. STANDING IN THEIR STORE! That's when they started blaming it on Samsung. I called Samsung and that's when they started blaming it on T-Mobile. I'm the one with a phone that won't work but they have both been paid. I think you get my point.
0 Likes
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Clearly got the point and being in the IT business, I will blame T-Mobile but then there are cases where a device is malfunctioning because of manufacturing problems. Your best bet is trying to get the phone replaced. Hope that's possible. Alternatively, if cache partition is cleared and you're able to manually update it, try that to see if is software issues. BTW, not all T-Mobile stores are in locations with good service. The store is just for business in not necessarily the other way around.
0 Likes
Woodee
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I'm in Dallas Ft Worth. The 4th largest metropolitan area in the nation and T-Mobile's coverage map shows that I am in the strongest signal area possible. Can't even make a phone call without Wi-Fi. I think there's enough buying for T-Mobile and Samsung. After all it's their partnership that got me this phone in the first place. Too bad neither companies care to service their products.
0 Likes
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yep. Seems like neither one wants to help. Sorry.
0 Likes
juniorluvcait
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I had the same problem and mine was T-Mobile's fault because they had me on a data only plan to where it would not let me call out I was just on the wrong plan.
0 Likes
ConnerPTwilhec
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have the A71 5g and use T-Mobile with no problems.
Woodee
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Consider yourself lucky. As you can see from the posts here I am not the only one. T-Mobile blames Samsung and Samsung blames T-Mobile so as far as I'm concerned neither are worthy of my business ever again. I'm old enough to remember when backing your products and services was just as important as being able to make the sale and push them out the door. Nowadays these giant behemoth corporations are only concerned with making the sale and the after-service is basically non-existent.
0 Likes