Original topic:

Done with Samsung?

(Topic created on: 1/14/21 9:39 AM)
ThisGirlSerious
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
With the direction Samsung is taking with no sd card slot, no charging brick included, no headphone jack and other creature comforts the company keeps taking away. Are there others like me that are really thinking hard about giving up their loyalty for another company?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MoniqueO28
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yes I'm totally with you. I don't understand the decisions to take away so much, especially the SD card slot. I kinda get the charger and headphones not being included because ppl usually try to use their old chargers if they're still compatible and the same with the headphones. But it's like Samsung is still charging premium prices even though there's nothing included in the box, no expandable storage and the s21 has a plastic back. Very disappointed with Samsung and the path they're moving forward with. Like many have said they're basically becoming Apple. Overly priced basic devices with no innovation and no extras. I wish ppl wouldn't buy the s21 series because Samsung dropped the ball and they need to feel the consequences of doing so. I've been a loyal Samsung customer for so long that it's going to be hard to switch, to learn a new ecosystem and start over. I don't even know what company I'd switch too...Google, LG, Oppo or Sony, Motorola, Huawei, etc. Almost makes me want to cry, I'm so frustrated and let down.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Echo808
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Sad they got rid of the charger but really sad they got rid of the sd card slot.

SD card was the top reason I stuck with Samsung. Dont plan on getting the S21...same reason i skipped the S6.
Solution
MoniqueO28
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yes I'm totally with you. I don't understand the decisions to take away so much, especially the SD card slot. I kinda get the charger and headphones not being included because ppl usually try to use their old chargers if they're still compatible and the same with the headphones. But it's like Samsung is still charging premium prices even though there's nothing included in the box, no expandable storage and the s21 has a plastic back. Very disappointed with Samsung and the path they're moving forward with. Like many have said they're basically becoming Apple. Overly priced basic devices with no innovation and no extras. I wish ppl wouldn't buy the s21 series because Samsung dropped the ball and they need to feel the consequences of doing so. I've been a loyal Samsung customer for so long that it's going to be hard to switch, to learn a new ecosystem and start over. I don't even know what company I'd switch too...Google, LG, Oppo or Sony, Motorola, Huawei, etc. Almost makes me want to cry, I'm so frustrated and let down.

View solution in context

ThisGirlSerious
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yes yes yes! Exactly