JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can you make downloads as a wallpaper?

(Topic created: 09-10-2020 06:22 PM)
missmicki77
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have a question about wallpapers. I just recently purchased a Samsung A71 5G phone. I have downloaded some images from Instagram and Facebook that I would like to use as a background wallpaper for my phone. However, none of these pictures give me the option to use these images as a wallpaper. The image only says "Details", and will allow you to share, but nothing else. I've also noticed that I CAN use images that were downloaded from my old Samsung device as wallpapers. Even the ones from Instagram and Facebook. These photos, and some of the new photos I've downloaded on this phone, I can use. What is the problem here? I've been trying all week to do this, and can't. It's very annoying. Is there a copyright issue or something? I paid a lot of money for this phone, and I'm upset that I can't even do something as simple as changing my wallpaper and lock screen to what I want it to be. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
missmicki77
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
So I FINALLY figured out how to do this, thanks to the Samsung live chat. You have to go to your home screen, and then press and hold the screen. You should see white boxes on the screen, and you will be given 4 options. Click the option for Wallpapers. Then, you should see different places to choose your image from, including your Downloads and your Gallery. Then, choose whatever image you want, and it will ask you if you want to use it for your home screen, lock screen, or both. Choose the option you want, and there you have it! Basically, you have to choose through the homescreen- NOT My Files- if you want to use any image you download. Thanks everyone!

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
missmicki77
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
So I FINALLY figured out how to do this, thanks to the Samsung live chat. You have to go to your home screen, and then press and hold the screen. You should see white boxes on the screen, and you will be given 4 options. Click the option for Wallpapers. Then, you should see different places to choose your image from, including your Downloads and your Gallery. Then, choose whatever image you want, and it will ask you if you want to use it for your home screen, lock screen, or both. Choose the option you want, and there you have it! Basically, you have to choose through the homescreen- NOT My Files- if you want to use any image you download. Thanks everyone!