cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Downloads as Wallpaper

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have a question about wallpapers. I just recently purchased a Samsung A71 5G phone. I have downloaded some images from Instagram and Facebook that I would like to use as a background wallpaper for my phone. However, none of these pictures give me the option to use these images as a wallpaper. The image only says "Details", and will allow you to share, but nothing else. I've also noticed that I CAN use images that were downloaded from my old Samsung device as wallpapers. Even the ones from Instagram and Facebook. These photos, and some of the new photos I've downloaded on this phone, I can use. What is the problem here? I've been trying all week to do this, and can't. It's very annoying. Is there a copyright issue or something? I paid a lot of money for this phone, and I'm upset that I can't even do something as simple as changing my wallpaper and lock screen to what I want it to be. 
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Downloads as Wallpaper

JUMP TO SOLUTION
So I FINALLY figured out how to do this, thanks to the Samsung live chat. You have to go to your home screen, and then press and hold the screen. You should see white boxes on the screen, and you will be given 4 options. Click the option for Wallpapers. Then, you should see different places to choose your image from, including your Downloads and your Gallery. Then, choose whatever image you want, and it will ask you if you want to use it for your home screen, lock screen, or both. Choose the option you want, and there you have it! Basically, you have to choose through the homescreen- NOT My Files- if you want to use any image you download. Thanks everyone!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Downloads as Wallpaper

JUMP TO SOLUTION
There is no "more options" icon on these particular images. That's the problem I'm having. The only option available to me for these images is "details", and the share icon. That's it. Nothing else.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: Downloads as Wallpaper

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Apparently you cannot post images in this forum, incredibly. Gifs but not images. This is a joke.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here we go. So apparently you can't upload images on the Samsung Members app; you have to go through the browser to do it. Ridiculous. 😒 Anyway, take a look at these two screenshots.Screenshot_20200911-003409_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200911-003546_Gallery.jpg

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you see what I mean now?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
So I took screenshots for you to see, but unfortunately, I am not given the option to UPLOAD the screenshots. This is unbelievable. If I had known my experiences would be this limited on this phone, I would have never spent $600 on it. I will be sure to leave a review about these things. There is no reason for it.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
...will that app allow me to use the image that doesn't have the three dots at the top as my wallpaper?
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
And does this app allow you to change your lock screen photo to whatever you want, as well? I need to be able to change both, but don't seem to be able to change either. I can't change them because of this issue with the image options.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
And I am also wondering WHY only the one image has the three dots at the top, but not the other image. Even if I could figure that part out, it would be really helpful.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
So I FINALLY figured out how to do this, thanks to the Samsung live chat. You have to go to your home screen, and then press and hold the screen. You should see white boxes on the screen, and you will be given 4 options. Click the option for Wallpapers. Then, you should see different places to choose your image from, including your Downloads and your Gallery. Then, choose whatever image you want, and it will ask you if you want to use it for your home screen, lock screen, or both. Choose the option you want, and there you have it! Basically, you have to choose through the homescreen- NOT My Files- if you want to use any image you download. Thanks everyone!

View solution in original post