Original topic:

Drop down menu is black and white after update

(Topic created: 01-26-2024 02:11 PM)
Mamabear1977
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

The new update for my Samsung phone sucks. My drop down menu is literally all white and black now! The icons used to be blue and when you turned off a feature it would go dark! The white and black is terrible. Go back to the way it was before this stupid update! 😡😡

10 Replies
Wicked68
Nebula
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Install a theme...
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Long-press on your Home Screen, choose Wallpaper & Style, then choose color palette.
realaud
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Download Good Lock from the Samsung store. Use theme park or quickstar to make the quick panel in the colors you want.
Cala
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Having this same issue. It's changed the color behind the options on the drop down menu as well, and changing color palettes doesn't affect that. I have a dark wallpaper, and now the drop down options are legitimately hard to see on it for me. It's a total eyesore.

user4Es1l2Hyi6
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I'm 61 and this is atrocious. Dark is not cool, also the buttons are rearranged, so, it 5akes a while to find the "do not disturb" button. I like it before the update ( blue on white).
I hope this S23 lasts for another 5 years, then I will get a dumb phone.
0 Likes
realaud
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices

You know you can rearrange the quick panel buttons to your liking. Pull down on the quick panel all the way until you see the "pencil" (edit). Click that and then you will see two panels to edit, the express quick panel and the larger one.  Click to edit either one or both and then long press and hold the icons and move them in the positions you want.  

if you do not like the color scheme of the quick panel, you can long press an empty area of your home screen, choose wallpaper and style and choose a color palette, or you can choose themes and choose a theme.  You can also, as stated above, download Good Lock from the Samsung store and use quickstar to create a custom color scheme for your quickpanel.

0 Likes
Members_3VAZHZs
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I don't like the the new default to the drop down menu. It is bad on your eyes. Very frustrating. SAMSUNG HEAR THE CRY AND CHANGE IT BACK 

realaud
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices

See above

0 Likes
Cammo1
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same drama. I was quite happy with the blue highlight when active eg: when bluetooth turned on. I thought changing wallpaper only does the screen, not the icons.

SAMSUNG Have Failed Dismally With This Change for Change sake update

0 Likes