Original topic:

Email suddenly deleting from my PC

(Topic created: 01-07-2022 02:16 PM)
Edzchick
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have changed no settings but my android (Galaxy Halo) mail has recently started deleting the copies of all emails I remove from my phone from my desktop PC. So far, the advice I've found online has not worked. Important-to-keep emails are already gone to who-knows-where. Help?
4 Replies
user149533at39
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
It's probably a "sync with desktop" setting that is enabled.
0 Likes
user734264fo532
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
and something to keep in mind.

Email is normally stored on a central server. So on my phone, the email app is synchronizing email with the server.

Then, when I use the email app on my desktop machine, it also synchronizes with the server, and changes are reflected as I add, delete, etc, just like it happens on the phone.

So yea, if I delete an email while on the phone, then go to my desktop, I would expect to not see the email I deleted on the phone
0 Likes
Edzchick
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thanks for commenting. I am just baffled that for as long as I've had the phone, I have always had the settings such that I could delete from my mobile email but a copy always remained on my server so I could file and/or delete manually from my PC. I'm wondering if any recent automatic updates have changed settings. I am not the most tech-savvy but do my best to search for online help to gain further understanding of my device/s.
0 Likes
userH8KsZh9G8b
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I just upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S9 to a Galaxy S22 and I am having the same problem. I know there was a box in the settings on the S9 that asked if I wanted to delete the email from the phone and the server, or just the phone. I loved this as I just kept the most important emails on my phone, but there others I still wanted in my inbox on the server/desktop. I cannot find this setting on the S22 so now I have an unnecessarily cluttered phone email. I would love to know if you find a solution.
0 Likes