JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Error logging into Samsung account on phone

(Topic created: 06-04-2022 08:44 AM)
vondikall
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have the same issue as in the post linked below. Couldn't comment on the thread so I made a new one.

I've tried all the 'simple' fixes. Clearing cache and data for both samsung account and cloud. Restarted the phone multiple times. Rebooting the phone in safe mode.  

Original issue was IMS service keeps stopping, after UI One 2.0 update, where I've tried the same 'simple' fixes without any luck. Wanted to factory reset my phone but can't since it requires me to log into my account.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Mobile-Devices/Can-t-sign-in-to-Samsung-account/m-p/189377...

In more detail:

Model: SM-G973F

My FitBit was bugged, and the troubleshooting told me to update my phone. First there was a small update, and another straight after. The latter was UI One 2.0. Now when I navigate to the update menu in settings, the Latest Update tab says something along the lines of "No update information available." There were multiple serious issues with my phone after this update:
  1. The phone doesn't register my SIM card (I tried putting it in another phone and it registered).
  2. The SIM manager wouldn't even open, the settings crash when I try.
  3. Notifications pop up at the bottom of the screen saying that "com.android...." is not responding. For clarification the ellipsis represents that I got a lot of these for different services.
  4. There pops up a notification regarding my Samsung account and a security update and asked me to sign in again. When I sign in, I get asked to agree to some policies, and then, nothing. I can not log in to my Samsung account. I can log in via browser no problem, both on the phone and PC. Also, on my tablet I can login using the login GUI via the the same notification I got on my phones.

What I've tried to do to solve these problems (unsuccessfully) :
  1. I've restarted my phone multiple times.
  2. I've reset my network settings
  3. I've tried resetting settings, but that did not work. I've also tried restarting multiple times since then.
  4. I've tried booting the phone in safe mode. Still could not log in to my Samsung account.
  5. I've tried force quitting the problematic services.
  6. I've cleared the cache via the Device Care settings.
  7.  I've tried signing in and backing up the phone via DeX without luck.
  8. All backup attempts (though the settings menu) have failed. Either nothing happens or I'm asked to sign in to my Samsung account and then nothing happens.
  9. The last thing I tried was factory resetting. After entering my PIN and acknowledging the loss of data, when pressing "Delete all" I'm asked to sign in to my Samsung account. That fails as all other attempts have.

Tired last night to submit an  1 on 1 Inquiry through the account.samsung.com but couln't.

4 Replies
Solution
vondikall
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I managed to solve the issue. I found a way to boot the phone in recovery mode and factory resetting. After that I managed to install all updates successfully.

GaryB41
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Help with processing speeds and 5G with A53 from Xfinity Mobile.
Phone extremely laggy I need a Samsung warranty Phone Change or upgrade due too 30 days is up through Xfinity mobile phone is in mint Condition only had 2 months!!
HELP IMMEDIATELY PLEASE IVE BEEN WITH SAMSUNG BSCK TO Galaxy S4 to 3022 with now youŕ supposedly best 600$ phone u have
rio99
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Need help with finding my email for my Samsung account. I have everything else in there except my email.
0 Likes
user25uPKnaNpu
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I keep getting error message that message blocking is on how do you turn it off
0 Likes