JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Face unlock too slow on Galaxy A51

(Topic created: 10-28-2022 10:18 AM)
BURHAN2O7
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi everyone, my face unlock on A51 works really slow and many times it doesn't even recognizes me. I have added alternate face unclock also but same issue persist. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey there!

Thanks for reaching out for assistance.

I can understand how frustrating this could be with your face unlock is not working properly.

First things first, It's always good to make sure your phone as well as your apps are up-to-date with the latest software for some functions to properly work.

Let's try rebooting your phone:

First, open the Power menu:

- On devices with a regular Power key, press and hold the Power key until the Power menu is displayed.

- On devices without a dedicated Power key, swipe down with two fingers from the top of the screen to open Quick settings. Tap the Power icon at the top of the screen.

Tap Power off to turn off the device. Wait until the phone or tablet completely turns off, and then press the Power key again to turn it on. See if the issue has been resolved.

If you are still experiencing the same symptoms after rebooting your phone, then I would recommend testing your phone in safe mode. This mode disables any third-party apps from running in the background, and it will rule out if any third-party apps that may be causing your face unlock to run slow or unrecognizable.

Follow these steps to boot into Safe Mode:

First, open the Power menu:

- On devices with a regular Power key, press and hold the Power key until the Power menu is displayed.

- On devices without a dedicated Power key, swipe down with two fingers from the top of the screen to open Quick settings. Tap the Power icon at the top of the screen.

Touch and hold Power off until the Safe mode icon is displayed. Tap Safe mode to start your device in Safe mode. If you have entered Safe mode successfully, you will see Safe mode displayed at the bottom of the screen.

- If the symptoms does not occur in safe mode, then one of your recently downloaded apps was likely the cause of the symptoms.

- If the symptoms still persists, then a third-party app may not be causing the symptoms to occur. You may need to reset your phone to its factory settings. Just a heads-up, if you have to do a factory reset, I would recommend backing up your data before performing this step, so you won't lose any data.

You can also find these exact steps in this link here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001570/#reboot-the-phone-or-tablet-in-safe-mo...

If any reason you are still experiencing the same symptoms after trying all the steps above, you are more than welcome to Private Message any of our moderators for further assistance. We are here to help!