cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Factory reset troubles

So I forgot my code and for some reason my phone wouldn't allow me to use my backup pin or anything to get into the phone. I tried everything I could think of from contacting Google on a separate device to contacting Samsung for help even tried the find my phone thing you name it I tried it. Long story short phone got factory reset lost all my info that I recently added because one of my lovely children turned off my sync so yes I'm very flustered any helpful advice anyone?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Factory reset troubles

hi @Disrespectful_1 

for your device, you can try this to remove the code]

Method 1: Samsung account

if you enabled your Samsung account on the device you follow this link

https://findmymobile.samsung.com if you enabled it on the device once you

login to your account Select the device > Unlock > Unlock and the password/pin should be removed in the device.

Method 2:

How to Unlock Your Android Device Using Android Device Manager Stepwise procedure to unlock your phone using the ADM:

Step 1. Visit: google.com/android/devicemanager, on your computer or any other mobile phone

Step 2. Sign in with the help of your Google login details that you had used in your locked phone as well.

Step 3. In the ADM interface, choose the device you want to unlock and then select "Lock".

Step 4. Enter a temporary password and click on "Lock" again.

Step 5. If the earlier step was a successful one, you will be able to see a confirmation below the box with the buttons - Ring, Lock and Erase.

Step 6. You will now be able to see a password field on your phone screen. Enter a temporary password to unlock your phone.

Step 7. Visit your phone’s lock screen settings and disable the temporary password.

in the future, I would suggest enabling the Samsung account because it has a lot of helpful functions.

Hopefully, this will help you with your problem

Be sure to click " ✔ Accept as Solution" When you find an answer that works for you