cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Find My Mobile site not reporting location of phone

My S7 Edge will report a location using the Google Find My Device web site / app. However the Samsung "Find My Mobile" website (that has many more options) will not. When I log in I see the device listed and when I ask for a location I get a notification on the phone saying: "Find My Mobile: Phone location requested. This phone's location was requested remotely using the Find My Mobile website" - but the website never either receives this or displays it and reports it as offline.

I have checked the "find my mobile" settings under lockscreen and security and everything there is checked.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Find My Mobile site not reporting location of phone

Are you signed in to your Samsung account on the phone?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes I am signed into the account on the phone. I even tried creating another Samsung account and signing out of the first account and into the second (on the phone) and the new account on the web could not locate the phone.  Since I logged this question I have had the phone reflashed with the latest image, and the problem still occurs.

I should add that Google "Find My Device" works fine as does "Cerberus" - both these applications are able to track the phone's location remotely - the S7 Edge in question does get a FindMyPhone remote request to send the location but it never seems to get back to your servers. I also have a TabA in my main account and that is able to be tracked by FindMyPhone.  

So I am mystified - can anyone help?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Just to clarify, you also have find my mobile turned on in your settings?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am having the exact same issue. I'm signed into my Samsung Account on the phone, and the Google Find My Device can locate it. When I try using the Samsung Find My Mobile, it tells me the phone is offline, however, I get that notification on my phone that says "Find My Mobile: Phone location requested. This phone's location was requested remotely using the Find My Mobile website". Settings are definitely turned on. I'm using a Galaxy S9 Dual Sim.

One extra thing to note is when I view "my devices" in my Samsung account, under the S9 it says "signed in" but it lists the date as March 26th. However on my old phone which is also listed here (S6 Edge) it says signed in YESTERDAY... Is that significant at all?

Has anyone found a solution for this? Obviously the phone is connecting if we are getting the alert on the mobile device, so why isn't it showing online in the PC?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Give this a try, go to settings > biometrics and security, find my mobile, and check to see if the Google location service is toggled on.

Constellation

I too am having the same problem. All things are up to date, ticked on, etc. Website keeps sending a message to the phone requesting location, but I can't do anything else because it thinks I'm not connected to a network. I haven't had a problem with it until just recently. The only thing I can think of that would have changed anything is an update by either party. I'm on a Galaxy Note 5. Any advice?

Find my mobile website message: https://i.imgur.com/4BGJs9k.png
Message that pops up on phone: https://i.imgur.com/b9VRttm.png
Where the phone message takes me when I tap it: https://i.imgur.com/19pgMQc.png