JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Fix update that makes the J7 Refine useless.

(Topic created on: 9/5/19 8:51 AM)
cjenkins70
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Will Samsung ever fix this issue:

After update can not receive/make -  calls/texts.  I have done multiple factory resets, restarts, mobile carrier resets and nothing helps.  Works for a few hours and back to the same issue.

3 phones, bought at differnent places, and all three started having this issue after latest update.

Does not look like a specific carrier issue, look for it online and seems alot of owners having the same issue.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungNik
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Typically speaking with your carrier is recommended. Though I would recommend a software re-flash to reinstall the OS. You can check with your local uBreakiFix to have this completed, or Samsung offers a ship-in repair option. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
SamsungNik
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Typically speaking with your carrier is recommended. Though I would recommend a software re-flash to reinstall the OS. You can check with your local uBreakiFix to have this completed, or Samsung offers a ship-in repair option. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

cjenkins70
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

So this solution is not the fix.  There is a charge of 50 dollars to get a 100 dollar phone, that has been bricked by an update from Boost Mobile and Samsung, to reflash the OS but it did not fix anything.  I paid someone to not fix my phone that was not even a guantee fix?

It will always ask you to upadate OS.  I did, and again had to do a hard factory wipe of the phone.  It tried to work, but again the same issue.

3 phones I will need to buy and replace.

Did notice after the update there is an app for Wifi Calling and you cannot disable it.  Since it seems that if this J7 refine and carrier does not have the ability to do wifi calling, it should not even be running.

Boost Mobile and Samsung please do some research on this and look at all the complaints and fix it.  This is the only complaint I see and 3 phones in the same household plus all the other online complaints should tell you.

userX5msTJhrGs
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have the exact same problem. The only thing I have done different is, Boost had me clear my phone's cache out. Did that and all you listed and it still happens. Reboot phone several times a day is only way my phone will work. Frustrating..

0 Likes
userX5msTJhrGs
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have had the same problem with my Boost J7 Refine phone for over a year now. Calling does not good, local Boost hasn't the foggiest on any of it. They don't care. Every update makes it worse. I can't afford a new phone and my job requires it. I wish I could go to another company, after 4 years with Boost. You would think customer service would be nicer to me. I'm done with my rant .lol

0 Likes