cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userjSfOBjbNnb
Constellation

Front facing camera zooming in when using apps

I recently switched from a Galaxy J7 to a Galaxy A20. So far the phone is pretty nice and I haven't had any major problems with it except when using the front facing camera. 

When I use the camera on my phone it's a little bit zoomed in but when I turn on the wide angle, I'm able to use it normally. But when I use the camera for Snapchat, Instagram, Discord vc, and other apps it's just zooms in and stays zoomed in. I've never had a problem is this with my J7 and I'm not sure how to go about it. 

I'm don't know if I should post this on another thread, but whenever the lighting is dim the framerate on my camera just drops to the point where you can't watch it. It doesn't happen when I have the camera open by itself, but it happens when it I use the camera in apps.

Does anyone know how to go about solving this?

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Front facing camera zooming in when using apps

Hey there! 
I would be happy to look into your concerns. 

Can you please send me a private message with the below information here at this link: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Model code:
(15)Digit IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userP9ZLhb5Cli
Astronaut

I have this problem too. Just bought the A70 and I am really excited because the phone works perfectly, except for this zoomed in camera in Snapchat and Instagram. I have also noticed that the phone's camera is a little bit zoomed in and when using the wide mode, it looks better, but when using those apps, it's terribly annoying and I can't do anything about it, because I have read many threads and all the answers were that we have to wait until the developers of the apps do anything at all about this. Otherwise, there is nothing to be done.  

usernvadfPaQMa
Constellation

I just purchased the A20 today because my last phone became unresponsive, & I have the same issue. I love the back cameras, but hate how zoomed in the front is for everything. It's not as awful in the camera app itself, but in Snapchat, I don't want to try using it at all.