JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

GPS not working on new A50

(Topic created: 12-23-2019 05:29 PM)
MHO
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

The GPS does not work on my new A50.  About a minute after I start to drive I'll hear "GPS signal lost" and then never regain it.  It might work perhaps one trip out of ten but is otherwise completely unreliable.  No difference whether I'm using Google Maps or Waze.  Verizon sent me a replacement phone and the GPS worked for one day before failing the exact same way as my first phone.  What is going on - can this phone be THAT defective??

Jlrandall1984
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have the Samsung Galaxy A50 and there have been several times when my GPS wouldn't work. I would try to use my Google Maps and it couldn't even give me directions because it didn't know where I was. I am not sure if this will work for you but for whatever app you're trying to use your location (GPS) with go to the app's storage settings and clear the cache. I had to do this several times over the course of several weeks but it fixed it for me every time. Eventually it just stopped not working and for about a month now I haven't had any problems. Like I said I can not guarantee this will fix your problem but anything is worth a shot at the moment. Good luck to you.

0 Likes
userajLrLsDar0
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I am also having this GPS issue on my brand new A50. I have tried all the troubleshooting techniques listed and nothing is a permanent fix. I need my phone for a few basic thing, my GPS navigation is one of them. I have used other "introductory" phones (Samsung Core Prime) and they have NOT had this issue. 

0 Likes
Shenkosky
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Solved factory reset the phone

Turned on Developer mode and turned off allow updates from Samsung

I was having this same issues was able to fix it. Did a full backup of my phone to Google first then restored my phone to factory settings

Then skipped the restore process 

Plugged into my 2020 Ram it downloaded Android Auto and everything works perfectly

So I then did the update and it no longer worked at all? 

So this is not a third party app I also deleted Google Maps after the update and installed Waze did not work either?

That's a stock phone with nothing on it accept  the latest update!

Shame on Samsung this is a Samsung Update bug not any third party app! 

My fix is proof you guys messed this up and need to fix it not to mention the finger print scanner was extremely slow after the update an my phone played Pub-G flawlessly before the update afterwords this phone slowed down considerably and kept freezing up I factory reset 5 times total to try other things as well to ensure it was this update I did the full erase nothing on it and then the update only to verify it is the update nothing outside of it is to blame but poor R&D from Samsung allowed this update to break millions of phones and make the in screen finger print scanner unusable with this extremely buggy update that slows it down to hot garbage.

0 Likes
Solution
GodofSleep
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I had the same problem and nothing would fix it, and then I just updated to the latest software update. I did it today which is December 23rd and I know you posted this about a month ago but, the latest software update that Samsung said came out on December 1st at least it fixed my issues so far. Try the latest update hope it helps. 

MHO
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I was able to keep the GPS working at first by using the GPS Status and Toolbox before every trip.  Since the most recent updates it has worked fine and my Wi-Fi reception seems to be better as well.  I still keep the Toolbox widget on my home screen and update the A-GPS data every day.  Have not had any problems since and now fully love  the phone.  But yes - shame on Samsung for not acknowledging the issue and then quietly fixing it.

0 Likes
Coolwill
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Well yeah I'm back again with my input that might be the problem you have to don't download the lady software updates and they're worth it if you download them your phone will perform so much better Samsung is the best without a shadow of doubt to me when it comes to the better made phones like my Samsung S10 love it

0 Likes
userkO4gPHNi6Y
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Samsung please help!! I have been reading threads and posts everywhere describing the exact same GPS problem I am having. The GPS loses signal. I keep my old Samsung phone in the car and hookup to my hot spot to prevent me getting lost. Amazing the old Samsung works no problem.

I intend to file complaints with these FTC , FCC, NTSB, and CPB. What is the return policy? What is your plan to take responsibility and be a good corporate citizen even though it will cost money?

0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello @userkO4gPHNi6Y,

I'm so sorry to hear you're experiencing this! Our Manufacturer's warranty is a service-based warranty. For returns policies, you'd need to check with your Carrier or where ever you have purchased the device. I'd like to obtain some additional information regarding the symptoms you're experiencing. Can you advise if you've tried booting the unit within Safe Mode? If so, have you checked your firmware and verified that it's completely up to date?

If the firmware is up to date, and the same symptoms are occurring within Safe mode as well, please send a private message with the Model, IMEI, and Software version of your device? http://bit.ly/2GGYul4

0 Likes
usernOmXFCYrN7
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same exact problem here. Already sent one phone back under the warranty, but new phone is also doing the same. 

userUiQHcogCvH
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I am experiencing exactly what you have experienced with a brand new phone just some to me the other day.

0 Likes