cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy A01

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Short answer is no. The Android OS does not allow it.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not a solution, why was this post auto-marked as solved? Don't try to cover this up, this is beyond scummy. Activating developer mode doesn't work, doing it the normal way does work. APPS that can be moved to storage on other peoples phones DO NOT MOVE TO STORAGE ON OURS. We need some kind of clarification besides "Well the developers said---" Said what they want us to spend more money for SD storage? they literally have to do a quick update and they keep customers instead of lose some.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

none of what you scamsung tradgics have recomended to save or tranfer apps works. which is pathetic that a company that initally thrived on having affordable fully featured mobile android devices has come to this "dont believe it's an issue" and the its a cheap phone excuss is bull. you wouldnt give a handy man who couldnt fix a door knob the job of building you a house. in the same way i wouldnt give scamsung another one my dollars for a "better" phone if i cant even change the ringtone on it like what the f is that an iphone from 2010 come on. i could maybe excuse how impared the device is just from running its own os if it didnt have deliberate feature exclusions that make the a01 almost completely useless day to day. ive been working tech in schools for 10 years now and i think this is the single worst peice of rubbish i have come accross and i had to manage ipad trollys with some terrible third party software back when they just released and apple tech was rubbish for enterprise use.. so scamsung i leave this song for you:

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Apps.. Not files. I want to store games not pictures

Astronaut

Re: Galaxy A01 How do I move apps to the SD card?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So whats is the Action from Samsung.?

We are buyers that dissapointed with this problem.!

With low 16Gb of RAM, We can not save enough apps to the device because lack of storage in internal memory.!

Please fix this problem.!!!

Thanks.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I TOTALLY agree. I bought my phone understanding the 16GB limit, but since it had an SD card slot I figured that would be okay. However, it appears the ONLY thing you can use the SD card for is storing pictures, as you obviously can't move apps to it, OR get other apps to use it for the default USER DATA space or cache. And what REALLY annoys me is all the space taken up by pre-installed apps that I can not delete. So "I me myself" am paying for a phone that I have no control over. 

And I don't blame just Samsung for this, the carrier, Verizon, is just as much to blame. My next phone will an unlocked phone that I bring with me to my carrier, instead of one of theirs. That way it is "my" phone.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got this phone a few days ago as a quick cheap replacement. Verizon told me it was similar in quality to an S8. The first thing I asked was about the SD card. Had no clue it Samsung would prevent apps from being moved to the SD card. The Samsung Galaxy A01 is pretty much a waste of money with only 16gb internal storage. 

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi All, after numerous tweets I finally got a response, not a solution but it is a start. See the Capture.JPGphoto attached.

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Between the guidance from SemihAbi on 04-06-2020 11:43 PM in a different thread and this additional tutorial, I was able to get this working.  One thing that stumped me for a bit, was that I needed to copy more than just the number into the command SemihAbi showed, you need the full "disk:###,##" where ###,## is the number you see. 

I did one more thing that neither SemihAbi or the tutorial mentioned, but may have been part of the solution.  When in the "Developer Options," I turned on "Force allow apps on external" which is way towards the bottom of the list of options.  After a reboot, things were working so much better.  Good luck!

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you will try this and revert back.