Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

How to move apps to sd card.

userDHEzmoV92n
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

After exhausting efforts of downloading third-party app managers and even formating the sd card as an internal portion of the A01 it was all a waste of time. Until I finally joined this community and realizing its not an isolated case but a problem to all who purchase the A01. 

Therefore we are at the mercy of SAMSUNG to give actions through their developers and engineers to give a software update. Very thin chance though since the way SAMSUNG update their software, it seems as though they are now moving on their focus on their new releases and most likely just keep us hanging until we decide to buy a different unit from them to replace A01

userdyYWSNlW8Z
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Wait so, there is no way to transfer apps to the new SD card I have with the AO1 phone?

usertFGs2B4bJo
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Short answer is no. The Android OS does not allow it.

userCXrqj3hhPi
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

This is not a solution, why was this post auto-marked as solved? Don't try to cover this up, this is beyond scummy. Activating developer mode doesn't work, doing it the normal way does work. APPS that can be moved to storage on other peoples phones DO NOT MOVE TO STORAGE ON OURS. We need some kind of clarification besides "Well the developers said---" Said what they want us to spend more money for SD storage? they literally have to do a quick update and they keep customers instead of lose some.

userSvlv004a0u
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Apps.. Not files. I want to store games not pictures

0 Likes
oosh
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You misunderstood the man's question. He wants to move apps not files.
0 Likes
userCufaxnUVQF
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

So whats is the Action from Samsung.?

We are buyers that dissapointed with this problem.!

With low 16Gb of RAM, We can not save enough apps to the device because lack of storage in internal memory.!

Please fix this problem.!!!

Thanks.

jack63ss
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I TOTALLY agree. I bought my phone understanding the 16GB limit, but since it had an SD card slot I figured that would be okay. However, it appears the ONLY thing you can use the SD card for is storing pictures, as you obviously can't move apps to it, OR get other apps to use it for the default USER DATA space or cache. And what REALLY annoys me is all the space taken up by pre-installed apps that I can not delete. So "I me myself" am paying for a phone that I have no control over. 

And I don't blame just Samsung for this, the carrier, Verizon, is just as much to blame. My next phone will an unlocked phone that I bring with me to my carrier, instead of one of theirs. That way it is "my" phone.

userVbM3ev2lFV
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I just got this phone a few days ago as a quick cheap replacement. Verizon told me it was similar in quality to an S8. The first thing I asked was about the SD card. Had no clue it Samsung would prevent apps from being moved to the SD card. The Samsung Galaxy A01 is pretty much a waste of money with only 16gb internal storage. 

userGmqYAMa3Ps
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi All, after numerous tweets I finally got a response, not a solution but it is a start. See the Capture.JPGphoto attached.