Original topic:

Galaxy A03s - internal html won't find images

(Topic created: 05-13-2022 06:23 PM)
userWmgMHKmMWH
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have personal travel webpages I want to store and view locally on my phone.  Webpage works on windows 7 desktop, worked on the old Moto E  I'm moving off of  and the old Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet.

But not on the Galaxy A03s phone I bought yesterday.

Even using the desktop PC to access the file on the phone the image blocks have the broken image icon. So it's not the browser - it's something else.

(I'm not a phone or computer jock so please be gentle. I've wasted 12 hours of my time just getting the contacts across from the old phone. EDIT- SmartSwitch isn't and online Tech Support couldn't help with that.)

12 Replies
userWmgMHKmMWH
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Installed an SD card and copied the webpage and a few pictures there.

Still doesn't work.

0 Likes
userWmgMHKmMWH
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Started chat online with support. After repeating explanations the person threw out that samsung phone doesn't support html.   I'm not that easy to dismiss.

So someone else was invited in but initial chat was hard to understand his question and his question included a close-out paragraph.

IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!

His next suggestion was backup and factory reset as if I'd put an app on it. Nope. I've been uninstalling factory apps like crazy.  He was just guessing.

So I've been escalated to the pro customer support and have been waiting half an hour to get thru. What do you think they'll have to say?

(2 hr support call and not yet to 3rd level help. EDIT- 2.5hrs EDIT- 3.0hrs then quit in disgust)

I think Verizon is going to get this phone back, possibly with a hammer blow in the center of the screen.

0 Likes
userWmgMHKmMWH
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Verizon salesperson was shown the problem, tried a few things and couldn't fix it. Now wasting time trying to get hold of Verizon to arrange a phone swap. This one is defective. Don't know if it's the design or just this unit. Only 1 way to find out.

Chances are that it's a model-wide Samsung defect. Change my mind!

0 Likes
userWmgMHKmMWH
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Local store replaced the phone and did so at no charge because I presented as so angry. And boy am I angry!

New phone has exact same problem. CLASS PROBLEM

CLASS PROBLEM CLASS PROBLEM 

(does anybody read this stuff?)

0 Likes
userWmgMHKmMWH
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hard copy letter to Samsung HQ with problem description and brickbats to online support.

Also hard copy letter to Verizon with copy of Samsung letter.

I don't expect to receive anything but a form-response.  But I feel better even though my phone doesn't work any better. (and likely never will)

0 Likes
userWmgMHKmMWH
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Gee, thanks for editing my text but not helping with the problem.  Samsung Community gets a D- from me.

0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I know that the Web View App itself is responsible for rendering web things in general for apps so maybe tinker with Updates or Uninstall the current one and see what happens. I've also read that web view it responsible for breaking things like this as well!?
0 Likes
userWmgMHKmMWH
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

On a new-out-of-the-box phone? 

I haven't come across anything called Web View in my quest. It's Chrome and HTML Viewer that came on the phone.  Tinkering is not a strength of mine. Stuff I've mastered would kill you for tinkering.  If you have something specific I'd be willing to try but bashing around in any device usually results, for me, in bricking the device.

0 Likes
userWmgMHKmMWH
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I got a clue and looked in the PlayStore. There are at least 13 things with Web View in their names. Ya gotta be specific for me. Don't guess.

0 Likes