cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy A10e Apps Minimizing

Hello everyone. I've had a Galaxy A10e for about two weeks now, and I've already exchanged units because of this issue. Every once in a while, whatever app I'm using will minimize. I can be on Chrome, or typing in Discord...and then boom I'm on the homescreen. I know Android doesnt really minimize apps like Windows does, but it's the closest thing I can compare it to.

The apps don't close or crash, because I can immediately tap back into them and continue from where I left off. It's an annoying problem to say the least,  and I originally thought it was hardware based until exchanging for a new unit.

Has anyone else experienced any issues like this, or better yet are there any solutions? I'm using the Verizon variant and everything is updated from the apps to the phone software itself.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Galaxy A10e Apps Minimizing

Hello , that is an odd issue however I would reccomend if you have not already to go into Settings>Apps then click on the apps that are having this issue and from there click on storage and in the bottom right click clear cache. Sometimes old cache data on the apps can become corrupted and they can cause problems witht the app. 

hope this helps!

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hey @TikPandora ,

There is a possibility another app can me causing the interference. If you've had the same issue on multiple devices it sounds more software then hardware. I suggest backing up all your data using Samsung Smart Switch or other apps like Samsung Cloud and Google Photos. Make sure to leave out anything that can be causing this issue like Apps, Settings and your Home Screen. After completing your back up, perform a factory reset making sure you manually install the apps from the Google Play Store.  

Here are some links to help with the process:

SmartSwitch Back Up

Samsung Cloud Back Up

How to Factory Reset Samsung Phone

Please feel free to reach out if you need more assistance. Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Ugh...I purchased this phone last Friday as well and my screen is doing this exact thing. It is infuriating.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yeah. Unfortunately I still haven't found either a solution or what app could possibly be causing the issue. I love the phone but at this point I don't know if I can handle the phone...