Original topic:

Galaxy A10e .. any suggestions on dealing with multiple apps I didn't install?

(Topic created: 04-30-2021 12:29 AM)
SINdrowned
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey is it just my phone Galaxy A10E samsung with Boost Mobile Service's, but my phone seems to be hacked and over 300 installed apps with only about 10-20 apps that I installed through play store app  which also acts weird on it's own.... I keep resetting constantly after trying to uninstall some apps I never downloaded but unsuccessful results reversing back to step one ...... Any suggestions or anything else that might help in this case please don't bypass this comment just trying to figure out what is the best option to use ... thanks samsung community 

5 Replies
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01209886/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Samsung_s8_lou
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Factory reset.. and boostmobile phones bunches useless bloatware. You may be trying to uninstall preloaded boost mobile apps
0 Likes
Samsung_s8_lou
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Settings, apps, check each app permission and setting. Make sure the field that says able to install unknown sources is no. Also set each app to no on able to modify system settings.

Before uninstalling, try
Settings, apps, and deny all permissions to app you want to uninstall
In settings, backup. Google settings, unselect restore with backup. Do a Samsung account backup and a Google account backup after uninstalling but before turning off and restarting. That should make the backup with the uninstalled app the default backup
0 Likes
Samsung_s8_lou
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Most likely, you've got boost apps and you've got all to automatically update and install
0 Likes
N-V-M
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
A10E actually comes with 250 ish apps installed. Most of those are system app "hidden".
0 Likes