cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy A10e does not stay connected with 2020 Chevy Equinox

I have paired my Galaxy A10e to my 2020 Chevy Equinox successfully.  However later as I drive it does not connect.  I have to remove it from the Equniox.  Sometime I can successfully pair it again and sometimes the Equinox will not find the phone and does not send out the code.  I can pair the phone to other things and I have even sent it back on the warranty and received a new phone.  I have gone to the Chevy dealer and they say it is my phone.  Is this phone just not compatible?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy A10e does not stay connected with 2020 Chevy Equinox

Have you tried resetting your network settings on the device? Note: Doing this will delete all devices that were previously paired to the device.

Highlighted
Asteroid

If you mean by that, have I deleted all paired devices under the Bluetooth Connections, yes i did do that.  I had some headphones that were paired before.  I had to then reset the headphones after that in order to pair them back.

Highlighted
Astronaut

It's not the phone it is the truck

Highlighted
Asteroid

Well, at the dealer's they were able to pair their iphones to it.  They told me that iphones worked better with it.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Try navigating to your settings > general management > reset > reset network settings.

Highlighted
Constellation

I bought my mother the same phone for christmas to upgrade her old phone,  she has a 2020 chevy trax and it will also not stay connected.  We have been to the dealership 3 times and they have had this problem with several other customers with the a10e. It will not connect to any general motors vehicle. Or wont stay paired. It works here and there for some.  Not at all for others! They even have a sign up in the service dept about it because of the amount of people coming in complaining. I have the s10 and the same chevy trax, and I have times when it wont connect.  More so then when I had my galaxy 8. But it isnt as bad as the problem with the a10e by any means.  General motors states the issue is on Samsung's end

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am having the same issue, except I have a 2019 Chevy Equinox.... worked find when I bought the Samsung A10e the week of Christmas..... but right around March 16th or so, it started not connecting automatically.... then wouldn't connect at all.  I reset EVERYTHING......... Then I decided to try it in my husband's 2017 GMC Terrain...........  hooked up and works fine.  So I thought maybe it was my radio.  I got it to connect a few days later but it would literally connect and disconnect as I'm driving down the road!!  I don't understand???  I have an appointment this Friday with the Chevy dealer, but maybe I ought to cancel it if other people are having problems with the Samsung Galaxy A10e.  My husband has the same phone, so I tried hooking his up on Saturday and it won't pair in my Equinox either ;(  Very frustrating.  I got Andoid Auto for music, but I want hands free calling and even with that app you still need Bluetooth! Smiley Sad