JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy A11 camera not working

(Topic created: 11-23-2020 10:45 AM)
userk7h6qt5rGR
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My galaxy a11 updated yesterday and now I can't use my camera. Whenever I try to open it,  I get the message "security policy restricts use of camera" how do I fix this? 

23 Replies
Romanelli
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
restart
0 Likes
userk7h6qt5rGR
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have several times and I still get the same message

Solution
userYdaCFwZeSV
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I spoke with support, go in reverse order of what you downloaded on apps. Uninstall them and you will find the one you download that triggers security. It worked, it was from the Play store but it was incompatible. Please share the message with others. NO NEED TO RESET!

Peace and Lybov'

Chuck D.

🖖

GSR75
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Again ... how do I know which ORDER I should UNINSTALL APPS. I have a LOT OF APPS! I do not see an update date. This problem has gone away twice after I fooled around with it, but I don't know what I did to FIX IT. Then it will suddenly starts giving me the message again that Security doesn't allow the use of the Camera. OR sometimes that I can't use the Camera with video calls!

Of course I've installed 3rd Party Apps or why does it allow me to use Play Store?

I don't know what or where the quick panel is.

It seems like I get the Camera working then some App updates and messes it up again.

I'm VERY disappointed in this Phone. My previous one (J7) was simpler. I never had problems when I wanted to use the Camera!! A11 takes better photos WHEN the Camera works, but what use is it when it DOESN’T work hallf the time, and without warning? BAH! HUMBUG!
0 Likes
userk5Sl2kcavK
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks! I figured this out on my own through trial and error.  For me it was the first app I deleted...fixed it instantly!  If your having trouble with the camera and getting this message...it's almost for sure due to 3rd party app.

0 Likes
GSR75
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
restart what? Also tried resetting factory settings but that didn't work. perhaps I did it wrong. can you specify step by step how to do this? won't I lose personal data and Apps I've added?
0 Likes
veedizzle
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
any luck ?
0 Likes
userk7h6qt5rGR
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Unfortunately not