Original topic:

Galaxy A12 Fatal Error

(Topic created: 11-10-2022 01:16 PM)
Stelantis
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm here to report a drastic error in the Galaxy A12.

I've had this phone for 2 years, and no problems came up. I stayed with this phone as it worked for what I need it.

One day, it just turned off. The screen went black. I realized that others had this issue, however, I haven't seen anyone talk about the extra issues that come with this. I held the off button and the volume for 20 secs and that fixed it. I didn't think much of it.

In a week, it happened again. I powered it back on, and tried to research more into this, but still no explanation. Yellow spots began appearing on the bottom of the screen.

It kept happening, and I realized what caused it: too much pressure on the upper screen. If the phone was moved too fast or bumped into the camera area, it would crash.

I became careful when handling my phone, but it still happened plenty of times. In about 2 weeks, a faint static sound played from the speaker when this happened.

It became worse. The most gentle tap on the camera area shuts the phone down. The static has become louder too. It doesn't always happen, only when the phone was playing audio when it crashes.

It crashes even if I'm just using it normally. It doesn't seem to charge when it's in this state, however, I haven't confirmed that, I'm still testing that on it.

The time of holding the on button and volume has increased, from 15 seconds to sometimes 30. It's really annoying, especially if I need it or it just crashes mid-use.

The phone isn't cracked or anything, I doubt it's damage caused by me as others have similar issues. 

Just yesterday, instead of going black the screen became white with black, vertical lines.

That's all the info I've gathered so far, is anyone else experiencing this or can a Samsung employee tell me what's happening?

Thanks, 

-Joel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with your A12 not functioning as expected. As you are experiencing continuous symptoms, and they are starting to increase in the amount of times you are experiencing them, I would recommend a service repair. As your device is out of warranty, please reach out to our customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864 for all available repair options.

View solution in context

3 Replies
GalaxyIs4Real
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
That's very odd! Have you ever dropped it before
Stelantis
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have, but not anything drastic, maybe just off a table or something, the screen only has minor scratches so I haven't dropped it enough to crack it.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with your A12 not functioning as expected. As you are experiencing continuous symptoms, and they are starting to increase in the amount of times you are experiencing them, I would recommend a service repair. As your device is out of warranty, please reach out to our customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864 for all available repair options.