Original topic:

Galaxy A15 setup problems

(Topic created: 02-29-2024 09:31 AM)
ConfusedSusan
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I'm having an awful time setting up my new Samsung Galaxy A15, which I am finding to be not intuitive and very user unfriendly so far. Trying to get instructions on the phone while I am setting up the phone is not helpful. Is there a separate written, updated manual available that I can get from a Samsung store or even purchase? Part of me thinks it might be an excellent phone after setup, but right now I am having major buyer's remorse.
4 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@ConfusedSusan On your phone there should be a Tips app. This is an interactive user guide walking you through the features and functionality. 

0 Likes
ConfusedSusan
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I'm very close to giving up and demanding a refund. My Android Nord was perfect out of the box four years ago. This Galaxy is such a disappointment!
0 Likes
realaud
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Four years ago had a different Android version. In subsequent Android updates lots of settings were ungrouped and you pretty much have to go through every setting to see what's what.  You will still be able to transfer apps and some settings from an older phone (Samsung or not) by installing smart switch on the older device and having SS do the transfer (or you can just consider it a clean sweep and only re-download what you need at the moment).  You will still have to tweak some things and add/or update some apps, but most of the work will be done for you.  The phone will work while you are busy going through the settings, which you can do at your leisure, since once you set up internet, phone service, and your Google and Samsung accounts you don't need everything else to be perfect all at once.

0 Likes
ConfusedSusan
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
It has been awesome to find out about Smart Switch and I will be bonding with it seriously this weekend. Thank you so much for your help and reassurance!
0 Likes