cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy A20 "other" storage

Very weird issue, over 24 GBs of my storage is being taken up by these "other" files. I can't seem to figure out the issue. I looked at the hidden files and sorted apps by size, but I can't find anything that adds up to 24 GBs. After googling, this seems to be a samsung wide issue. Can someone help? Screenshot_20200519-212550_My Files.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: Galaxy A20 "other" storage

There was a reported problem with the samsung Members app using increasing memory. Try clearing the app cache and see if that works. Also see if an update is available.

Highlighted
Constellation

I don't have the samsung members app on this phone. Is there another name it's under?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

When you deleted your picture from your Gallery did you remove them from the trash?

Give these steps a try: Go to gallery, tap the 3 dots in the top right corner, and tap on trash

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I turned trash off a long time ago. Any other suggestions?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried to clear the cache partition on the phone yet? You can do so by following these steps.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release the keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
Highlighted
Constellation

I tried this, no change.

Highlighted

You can try installing a third party file manager and have it display the folders sorted by size. That may help you figure out what app or file id using so much storage. I use Cx file manager and use the 'analyze function to help clean up files and folders. It can also help clean out some of the app caches too.

Highlighted
Constellation

Ok I deleted what I could but "other" is over 21 GBs. And I can't find out what it is.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you have any other third-party apps download on your device?