cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userVsMfQVI4Xz
Asteroid

Galaxy A3 2016 battery repair, which battery ?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I have a galaxy A3 2016 with a dead battery, the battery started buldging and pushed the back glass out during the past month and the phone charging potentiel  worsened until it gave up recently, now the phone can only work properly while charging, once i unplug the charger the phone take a minute of two and shutsdown, the battery drops to 0% instantly.

I searched for a genuine battery online, i found some confusing numbers, like GH43-04562A, GH43-04562B, do they matter ? I don't know if all a3 2016 models have the same battery or different ones whith slight changes because i know that some models have cat6 LTE while others don't.

I have an A3 : SM-A310F/DS20170924_111403.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Galaxy A3 2016 battery repair, which battery ?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @userVsMfQVI4Xz. I'm glad you reached out here with your concern.
I would suggest you stop using this device right away! It's not safe to charge a battery that is in a condition like this. You need to reach out to the Samsung support in your region directly so they can work with you to get the battery fixed.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @userVsMfQVI4Xz. I'm glad you reached out here with your concern.
I would suggest you stop using this device right away! It's not safe to charge a battery that is in a condition like this. You need to reach out to the Samsung support in your region directly so they can work with you to get the battery fixed.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

userVsMfQVI4Xz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank's for your reply, i already stopped using the dead device and i went to a local samsung repair shop, i was very disappointed when they charged me with 50 $ to replace the battery (new battery + repair fees), they refused to sell me a new battery, i can repair it myself.

Is it true they are not allowed to sell spare parts ?

I guess i'll have to look for a spare parts store to get myself a new one.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Repairing a device on your own isn't really supported, so the selling of 'parts' isn't done. There are some device models that had removable batteries, and even then the only parts sold were the batteries themselves. Since this model was not a removable battery, that means that the had to replace the battery, fix anything that had cracked or broken when the last one expanded, and make sure it worked again. I know that $50 may not have been what you wanted to spend on this, but now your device has been checked over by professionals and should be just fine again.  Smiley Happy

userVsMfQVI4Xz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have not repaired it yet, but i guess the only option left for me is to revisit samsung's repair shop and get it fixed, because i became skeptical about batterie sold online, i asked a seller on ebay to send me a picture of the battery he claimed was genuine, but i realised it was not original, it had a different company name on the box and looked fake.

One more question, are seller who use words like 'genuine' '100 % original' all liars ? I mean does samsung make smartphone spare parts available for retailers ?

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well I'm sure some aren't. I mean... statistically speaking someone has to be telling the truth when they say that. It never hurts to ask questions and when in doubt ask for a picture! That's always a better bet when concerned.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
userVsMfQVI4Xz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I fixed the thing, in fact i went to a different samsung repair shop, and they charged me less than the previous one ~ 35 $ which is kind of acceptable, i don't know why exactly, and i didn't want to bet on batteries sold online.

Thank's for your help anyway.

useriklIqLEuZF
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hi

im staying at Johannesburg South Africa , i have same problem with same phone and i i'm still looking for repair shop

userL6i6BaxVtD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm Abdul-Salam, am from Ghana. My phone's battery got bloated and I took it to a sumsang service centre for replacement. That's where got disappointed in Samsung. Six months after the replacement , the supposed new battery is bloated. I guess they put a used battery in it. If that's how it's gonna go then I'll say no to Samsung.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regrettably support for non-US models is very limited. We suggest reaching out to a support team in your area for further assistance. You can do so by using the following link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!