Original topic:

Galaxy A42 5G Duel Sim - was the update released already?

(Topic created: 06-19-2021 06:08 AM)
userOS0BpQ1jVW
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi-

I live in North America and purchased an unlocked duel-sim version of the A42 5G.  I bought this phone so I could use the duel sim function when I travel.  I have 2 sim cards (one from my local network) and another from Europe.  My previous phone was an Asus which had ZERO issues in recognizing two sims or switching between them (they both work on same signal/format).   I activated my phone yesterday and still no recognition that there are two sim cards in there at all.  I read in extremely tiny print that the phones may ship without the duel sim functionality and that it would be a 'software upgrade.'  Ok this is enough for me to never buy a Samsung phone again.  Why ship something claiming it has duel sim only to get it home and well, that is basically a lie!  The phone won't do duel sim.   It has been updated to the latest software and still ---ZERO.  

I've tried all areas of the phone where "manage sim cards" would be located (settings, the drop down, etc) --- not there.  There is just no option. 

I'm thinking of sending it back.

Do we have any idea of when this "update" will be released.  Right now this phone is useless to me since this is the main reason I bought it.

Also is anyone else having this issue or I just got a bum phone?

5 Replies
siriusbratprnc
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Buy an iPhone... save yourself the hassle
0 Likes
WAO71421
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Iphones suck
siriusbratprnc
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
So are galaxies at this point... Dump a rent check on a phone lineup that actually works.. instead of just getting the trash samsung pumps out now.
0 Likes
userVhpNrMgP7k
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Nmpa
0 Likes
userVhpNrMgP7k
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
21w