Original topic:

Galaxy A42 5G Wi-Fi will not stay connected

(Topic created: 09-23-2021 09:24 PM)
AMG92
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

So I just got the Galaxy A42 5G device "Brand New", so far the device has been great. The device updated fine, touch screen is really good, sound is great,, video quality is amazing, size is perfect and phone has been fast. 

The issue I have had since I received the device about a week ago from xfinity has been the wifi, it connects fine but seems to not want to stay connected, always saying "reastablishing Connection" or "lost connection" etc.
Seems tech support can't figure out the issue after guiding me through I guess "Basic Trouble shooting" and what not.
So now I'm stuck with a device that I would be forced to always be connected to the data even though I have my home network so that I don't have to use my data.... any suggestions on how to fix this issue if you have experienced this same problem because I am paying monthly on this device and was not given the option for a different one or replacement or anything which is kinda wrong so I'm forced to seek help from here.. Thanks.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Have you tried resetting your Wi-Fi modem, have your phone forget the network and then reconnect?
0 Likes
AMG92
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yes, I tried resetting my home network, it's doing it on any network other then data. Any public network etc.
0 Likes
AMG92
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I've made sure the software was up to date and everything. Tech support has been no help really either, only continuing to walk me through the same basic steps everytime lol.
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi, I am sorry to hear you are having connection problems with your home network. Sometimes Wi-Fi problems are caused by simple network issues. Other times, you may need to take additional steps on your phone or tablet to ensure your Wi-Fi connection is stable, such as re-adding the connection or assigning a static IP address. Try these steps here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001559/
Additionally, you can see if your device just needs a little cleaning up. Use these steps to wipe your device's cache partition: 

Warning Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    Note If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the upper-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the upper-left edge) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
  3. While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
  4. Select wipe cache partition.
    Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  5. Select reboot system now.
    Note Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

Finally, see if a third=party application might be to blame. The guide to Safe Mode is here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Please let me know if these steps help.

0 Likes