So I just got the Galaxy A42 5G device "Brand New", so far the device has been great. The device updated fine, touch screen is really good, sound is great,, video quality is amazing, size is perfect and phone has been fast.
Hi, I am sorry to hear you are having connection problems with your home network. Sometimes Wi-Fi problems are caused by simple network issues. Other times, you may need to take additional steps on your phone or tablet to ensure your Wi-Fi connection is stable, such as re-adding the connection or assigning a static IP address. Try these steps here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001559/
Additionally, you can see if your device just needs a little cleaning up. Use these steps to wipe your device's cache partition:
Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.
- Ensure the device is powered off.
If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the upper-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the upper-left edge) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
- While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
- Select wipe cache partition.
Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
- Select reboot system now.
Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.
Finally, see if a third=party application might be to blame. The guide to Safe Mode is here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/
Please let me know if these steps help.