JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy A50 Possible to add more alert tones?

(Topic created: 03-24-2020 07:01 AM)
userEH5rmJBGci
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I recently purchased a Galaxy A50 and the phone is very nice!  It has a couple of things I find annoying, but not many.

My question is this:  Is it possible to ADD more alert tones to the phone?  My old phone had more, and more varied, alert tones, and I had a specific one for each of my close friends and family.  That is more difficult with the A50.  Is there any way to ADD alert tones to the phone?  I already have my custom ringtones, but I'd LOVE more alert tones.

Anyone know?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Zolfur
Product Expert
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello @userEH5rmJBGci,

It's possible to add more alerts/ringtones to your A50 device!

If you go to the Google Play store and search for ringtones, you will find an array of different third-party apps to choose from.  Within these third-party apps, you can easily search for a specific sample or song you want and typically these apps add the sounds to the right location in the folders of your phone so no extra work is needed.

Hope this helps!

userEH5rmJBGci
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I found a couple of answers on the 'net, but am unsure of how well they work.  Basically, they say to add tones (proper format, of course) to the 'notifications' directory in the phone.  I HAVE such a directory, but it appears to be empty.  Is that actually where the tones should go??

0 Likes
Zolfur
Product Expert
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@userEH5rmJBGci,

There are many apps out there that require this. However, I was more so speaking on third-party apps that streamline the process and make the proper format and placement in folders for you so you don't have to worry about location/naming, etc.

Thanks,

Zolfur

0 Likes
userEH5rmJBGci
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm just wary of 3rd party apps.  There are so many of them that contain malware.  Can you recommend a specific app that is safe?

0 Likes
Solution
userEH5rmJBGci
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

OK, I gave it a try, and apparently if you copy/load mp3 sounds to the "Notifications" folder, it DOES work.  I have a lot of new tones to use for my contacts.  Also, I found a site with MANY different tones, you can download at no cost, and they have different formats for different phones.  That site is:  https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds  There are 44 pages of tones, so something for everyone.