cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy A50 bluetooth issues

My phone has been acting weird for a while now and will only correctly hook up with bluetooth systems like my Fitbit versa 2 or my wireless earbuds. After a few hours, nothing will work properly and says devices are not available to connect. The only way I have found to fix this problem is to restart my phone 2 times a day and that's super annoying. Any suggestions?

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy A50 bluetooth issues

Hey there!

Have you already tried wiping the cache partition of your device? 

1.    Turn off the device.
2.    Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3.    When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4.    An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5.    Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6.    Press the Power key to select.
7.    Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8.    When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9.    Press the Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

@SamsungZell I tried this yesterday and gave in 12 hours and it started messing up the last hour. My fitbit or my earbuds will not connect to bluetooth to my phone. Is something wrong with my phone?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried resetting the network settings? Just a heads up, by resetting the network settings, it will remove all wi-fi and Bluetooth settings you currently have saved.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

@SamsungAdam I tried this again this morning and it stopped working properly about 20 minutes ago. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am also having the same issues.  I've tried resetting the networks settings, clearing the cache.  The connection to bluetooth devices work for a bit but then when I disconnect for a bit and then try to reconnect it doesn't work.  I have to restart my phone if I want to connect to my truck or my headphones.

Never had this issue when I had the XCover 4 phone.

Highlighted
Asteroid

There is no Bixby button on the A50 but thanks anyway. 

There is a BT issue with this phone. There are steps to fix it temporally but none work permanently.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have had the same problem with my A50.  Bluetooth is very random on it since I bought it in November. I have done a full reset to no avail. Sometimes it connects to my fitbit sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes it connects to my vehicle (jeep), sometimes it doesnt.
Looking on the web and on this site it seems that this is a common problem with this phone. Is there anything that Samsung can do for us users having the issues?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user1Ja8Roveg5 Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Highlighted
Constellation

Is there a fix, I'm having the same issues with earbuds and vehicle bluetooth. Really annoying to have to restart my phone in order to use it in my car. My husband's A50 doesn't have these issues.