cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Galaxy A50 notification LED missing

I just purchased 2 Samsung Galaxy A50 phones (on Verizon).  The phones seem great, but I, along with many other Samsung phone users, am angry with the notification LED light missing.  I have read reviews, concerns and complaints from almost a year ago and am greatly disappointed Samsung has not fixed/addressed this issue with notification lights.  (Earlier posts stated it was in development, but somehow it seems to have been dropped.)  I depended on the LED to be able to see from a distance (without touching my phone) if I had a missed message, phone call, text, etc.  Also, it would show if the phone was charging or fully charged. (A side note, I let the phone get down to 15% battery and did not hear a low battery warning as on my previous Samsung phone.)  Since I am just getting use to this phone, I am not sure if there are any more missing features that were on my older phone.  Seems like Samsung should be adding new features and upgrading the old features rather than unnecessarily removing them.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy A50 notification LED missing

You can set flash for the camera to be a notification light

Highlighted
Comet

Download Goodlock from the Galaxy app store. Lots of great features including an led light alternative 👍 Also some cool new features for your recent app drawer as well. Let me know what you think.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I chatted with a Samsung representative.  GoodLock will not work on the Galaxy A50 for showing notifications.  Evedently this feature is only available if the phone supports Edge Lighting.

Highlighted
Product Expert

There are alternatives in the google play store that you can download.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I have seen several of those.  I really hate to add a third party app (just another app draining the battery) to accomplish such a simple task that Samsung should have had from the start, or developed their own app for this purpose.  (FYI, I chatted with a Samsung representative and Samsung's GoodLock's notification feature will not work on the A50.)

That being said, have you, or any other community member, used any of these apps to get a notification light?  What can you tell me about them after use?  Which would anyone recommend after using?

Thanks everyone.