Original topic:

Galaxy A50 quality.

(Topic created on: 2/24/21 8:17 PM)
userKyxxKFa4I1
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I would like to start by saying that the Galaxy A50 has been the bane of my existence. From the very start the phone's had performance issues; lagging, glitches, volume issues, randomly turning off. Most apps slowed the phone down and caused other apps and the OS to malfunction and/or crash. I've had to factory reset my phone twice, two months apart, as the phone becomes unusable fast.

Other than apps, I've never downloaded anything to my phone itself. The only media I had were a few dozen downloaded pictures and those taken by the phone itself, all saved to my microSD card. The only apps ever downloaded were necessities and about 10 in number due to aforementioned issues. They were all reputable and from Google Play store. Nor do I recall visiting any websites that would have installed malware or viruses, as far as I know.

My phone lasted 6 months and a week. Then yesterday, while traveling for work and 2 hours away from home, in the middle of nowhere, it shut off and never turned back on. When trying to turn it on, the boot screen would hold for 3 seconds then it would shut back off. No options in the BIOS menu worked either.

I just feel like I was robbed by Samsung of 300 dollars. I bought the phone from an independent Verizon store and in retrospect I should have gotten a warranty, or phone insurance. I just never expected it would give out on me like that.

Other than maybe being curious as to who else may have had a bad experience with the Galaxy A50, I have no other reason to post here than to air my grievance.

Jason

0 Replies